Thursday, August 9, 2007

Peacework Micro-loan Initiative Success


We've successfully implementing our micro-loan program in Belize City, Dangriga and Independence.


We are currently interviewing our loan recipients and their families as well as executing the final loan contracts. We will be posting video interviews and individual student/family biographies soon.


The loans are made on a case by case basis to each student and their family and provide Belizean secondary school students with capital to pay for registration fees, tuition, uniform, and books at a 12 -12.5% interest rate for a period of up to 18 months. The money is directly deposited in the school for tuition and registration and checks are sent to uniform makers and book stores upon reciept of an invoice for the student's materials.













Priority is given to female students who are more stable loan candidates and for who the return on education is higher. For example, at Anglican Cathedral College where the most loans were issued 1 in 3 male student drops out during the first form (8th grade) while only 1 in 12 female students leaves school.

Currently, we have made 17 loans in Belize City, 1 loan in Dangriga, and 1 loan in Independence.




1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...


My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business Woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS.